Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thaiger Bars (Thai milk tea brownie)

Photobucket

This menu was inspired by my previous "Greenie" which I substituted cocoa powder with green tea powder and now it has become one of my favorite self created menu. http://threesspoon.blogspot.com/2011/10/greenie-matcha-brownie.htmlMy friends always ask for greenie as soon as I feel like baking. With such success, I thought of adapting another version of brownie by substituting cocoa powder with Thai tea. First I thought of naming it "Orangie" but when I gizzled it with melted compound chocolate, it kinda look like tiger so way don't name it "THAIGER BARS"
Photobucket
INGREDIENTS:
flour (sifted) 1c
baking power 1/4tsp
butter 1c
sugar 1 1/4c
eggs 3
salt 1/2tsp
Thai tea leaves 3Tbsp
milk powder 1Tbsp
Photobucket


1. melted 1/2cup of butter, heating it to"very hot"


2.use the tea bag and dissolve thai tea


3.stir in milk powder
Photobucket
in a mixer bowl, combine 1/2c butter and sugar till it looks like a fluffy butter cream
Photobucket
add in eggs and mix them well together once again

Photobucket
gradually add in flour and thai tea mixture till they are nicely combined
Photobucket


place parchment paper on 7*6 inch pan and bake it at 180c for 20-30min
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment